Communication In Sports
skills in sports are among the most
important ingredients contributing to the performance and growth
of exercise and sport participants. The purposes of communication
are persuasion, evaluation, information, motivation
and problem solving. There are some keys to sending messages effectively:
1. Be direct.
2. Be complete and specific.
3. Be clear and consistent.
4. State your needs and feelings clearly.
5. Separate fact from opinion.
6. Focus on one thing at a time.
7. Deliver messages immediately.
8. Avoid hidden agendas.
9. Be consistent with nonverbal messages (expressions,
body language, gestures)
11. Make the messages appropriate to the receiver's
level of understanding.
12. Look for feedback that your message was received
Performance - PST
Aspects of PST